The M&O department at the Robert H. Smith School of Business consists of more than 30 core faculty including tenure-track, visiting and teaching professors. The group's interests and responsibilities span micro and macro areas of Management, and include: strategy, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior and human resources.
M&O faculty are proud of the department's strong track record in research, teaching and service. As a group, we are particularly interested in and excited by topics such as leadership, teamwork, innovation and entrepreneurship, intangible assets, management of uncertainty and social networks. Research and intellectual capital rankings have consistently placed the M&O department among the very top worldwide.
Some other indicators of the strength and scholarly reputation of M&O faculty include:
- Several elected Fellows of the Academy of Management, Society of Industrial-Organizational Psychology, and Strategic Management Society;
- Several elected officers in leading professional societies, including two Past Presidents & Current President-Elect of the Academy of Management;
- Multiple University of Maryland Distinguished Scholar-Teachers, a campus-wide recognition;
- Multiple editorships and editorial board memberships on leading and highly prestigious academic journals;
- Numerous best paper awards from prestigious journals and academies.