Calling All Terps
You will often hear us talk about "Terps Helping Terps." Alumni from the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business actively support a variety of career events, including industry-specific mock interviews, alumni insights workshops, industry panels and city campus networking events.
No matter where your career has taken you, you will always be a Smith Terp. Reconnect with your classmates and the faculty and staff at the Smith School while paying it forward to help a fellow Terp!
- Career mentoring
- Facilitate networking events
- Conduct mock interviews
- Participate on a career panel
- Hire Terps
Alumni can email Stephen Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Jobs and Mentorship
University Career Center
Explore the career resources available to all UMD alumni, from events to industry profiles and live webinars.
Access and use this online platform that helps connect the University of Maryland community for mentorship opportunities.
Webinars and Online Classes
Looking to brush up on your professional skills? Interested in learning a new subject for your personal enjoyment? The Smith School Office of Alumni Relations can help.
University of Maryland Alumni Virtual Book Club
Join the UMD Alumni Virtual Book Club to connect with fellow Terps and continue learning. With four book clubs to choose from, enjoy books on business, communications, leadership, productivity, fiction and more.
Management in a Minute
Smith School alumni executives share their unique perspectives and takeaways.
Bootstrapped Entrepreneurship Podcast
The Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship produces Bootstrapped, a podcast featuring founders, investors and serial entrepreneurs. While the podcast covers many aspects of startup life, the heart of the show focuses on funding from both the founder and investor perspectives, thus the name Bootstrapped. Tune in to hear insights into startup life and venture creation.
Pursue a Graduate Degree or Certificate
Our graduate programs will prepare and inspire you to succeed through cutting-edge research, analytical thinking, experiential learning, real-world connections and a deeply supportive academic environment.
Smith Faculty Insight
Want to stay abreast of current business topics? Depending on your preferred method of delivery, the Smith School has various ways for you to catch up on what's being taught in the classroom.
- Smith Business magazine comes out twice a year and highlights the latest faculty research.
- Smith Brain Trust is a weekly e-newsletter with faculty insight on current topics.
- The Research at Smith website highlights faculty research, focusing on papers published in top business journals.
- Smith faculty and administrators are tapped by the world's top news outlets every day for expert commentary. Smith School in the News features a compilation of top media hits.
- Video on newsworthy hot topics, keynote speakers and event highlights are available on the Smith School YouTube channel.